Original marketing material for Du Cane Court, when it opened in the late 1930s
The flats in Du Cane Court were rented individually over the years after its initial construction in 1935. In order to facilitate the initial rental of these apartments though Central London Property Trust Ltd created a rental brochure. The brochure shows the flat layouts with floor plans, emphasised the easy living with services and the quick and cheap transport into central London. Original rentals ranged from £60 per annum to £200 per annum.
Click an image to read more about each page and see a larger picture.
As can be seen in the image below CENTRAL LONDON PROPERTY TRUST, really sold the convenience of Du Cane Court. DU CANE COURT is a magnificent and up-to-date building providing distinctive living accommodation varying from the comfortable single-roomed flat to the none-the-less cosy six-roomed flat or maisonette, complete with every modern convenience, at most economical rentals. It is situated in Balham, S.W.17, and is within one minute of the Southern Railway and Tube Stations, and only nine minutes from Victoria, and has five delightful green commons all within easy reach.
The restaurant was sadly destroyed in 1945 and all the space for the restaurant and club has been converted into living accomodations.